Ingredients chocolate mud cake
3 cups milk
300g dark chocolate
2 cups white sugar
1 tbs instant coffee
1/2 cup cocoa
500g self raising flour
For the peanut butter Ganache
1500g white chocolate
330g thickened cream
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tbs salt
For the peanut crunch
1.5 cups white chocolate
2 cups feuilletine crumbs
1.5 cup crushed peanuts
½ cup peanut butter
1 tbs salt
For the peanut butter caramel sauce
½ cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup thickened cream
1 ½ tbs salt
For the vanilla ice cream
1 cup white sugar (split in half)
6 egg yolks
2 vanilla bean
1 tbs salt
salted crushed peanuts
For the choc mud cake:
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Add butter, milk, sugar, chocolate, coffee, cocoa to the microwave or stove and melt. Put aside to cool for 10 mins.
- Add lightly beaten eggs and whisk until smooth
- Add half the chocolate mixture to a standing mixer and then add half the flour and beat until it forms a thicker paste and then add the remaining chocolate mixture and flour mixture alternating until smooth
- Bake for at least 45 minutes, check with a bamboo skewer and if it is not cooked, place back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cooked.
For the peanut butter Ganache:
- Melt the cream and white chocolate in the microwave until melted
- Set aside for 2 minutes and then mix with a spatula until smooth
- When the Ganache is mixed well, add the peanut butter and set aside to set at room temp.
For the feuilletine crumb:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Mix the flour, powdered sugar together and then add the egg whites and melted butter
3. Mix well and then spread thinly onto baking paper and transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until golden brown
For the peanut crunch:
- Melt the chocolate and then add the peanut butter and salt
- Once melted, combine the feuilletine, crushed peanuts and stir to combine
- Flatten the mixture between two parchment papers with a rolling pin until flat and the size of your baking tin/container
- Set in the fridge
For the peanut butter caramel sauce:
12. Add the sugar to a large sauce pan and mix until it melts and turns golden crown
- add the cream and whisk until it combines
- then add the butter and allow to combine
- add peanut butter and salt and mix well
- strain through a fine sieve to remove any lumps and serve into mini jugs
For the vanilla ice cream: TIP ENSURE THE ICE CREAM MACHINE TUB IS FROZEN IN THE FREEZER, AND ENSURE THE MACHINE IS ON 30 MINS PRIOR TO ADDING THE MIX
- Add the milk, cream, ½ cup of sugar, vanilla and salt into a saucepan on medium heat and stir.
- Heat the milk mixture until steaming hot, but not simmering. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand while the vanilla infuses.
- In a medium bowl, beat the yolks and the remaining half of the sugar until velvety smooth and creamy and pale and thick ribbons form.
- Make an ice bath with a large bowl filled with ice and cold water and set a smaller metal bowl inside of it, add remaining cream inside to chill. Place a strainer over the smaller bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs while you slowly dribble half of the milk/cream mixture into it. Pour the egg mixture into the pot with the remaining cream and milk.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of your spoon.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour the custard through the strainer over the ice bath.
- Let the custard cool in the refrigerator/freezer until cool.
- Freeze custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze it for at least an hour in an airtight plastic container to have a firmer texture.
Place the chocolate mud cake slab in a tin lined with cling wrap, pour over or spread the Ganache and then add a layer of the peanut crunch, add an additional chocolate mud cake layer and then wrap tightly with cling wrap. Slice into slices and serve with the hot peanut caramel sauce on the side in a jug and ice cream on the side, with crushed salted peanuts over the top of the cake
- Off set palette knife
- Rectangle silicone mold
- AGBAY cake leveller
- Ice cream machine
- Cake tin
- Free standing mixer